Who we are?
Shesh Tech are a creative and experienced team of IT professionals, who offer managed IT solutions and support for SMEs. We provide our clients the power and benefits of a full-time IT department at a fraction of the cost of employing one themselves. We maintain and monitor their entire IT infrastructure to allow their business to be more productive, ensuring they can focus on achieving their business goals.
Shesh Tech IT Services are looking for an experienced 2nd Line Technical Engineer to join our growing technical service delivery team. As a managed IT services, support and consultancy firm, Shesh Tech needs to ensure it can maintain its high-quality delivery of technical projects. As a part of the customer-facing technical support team, the role will involve answering escalated support queries from clients and troubleshooting 2nd line IT issues. The role will involve liaising with account management teams to communicate customer issues and opportunities for improvement.
The role requires the individual to have the pragmatic problem-solving skills needed to solve IT issues remotely and on site, working directly with customers to provide an exceptional level of IT support. This is a great opportunity for someone who has experience in this sector, and enjoys the prospect of working in a fast-paced team with a prospect for career development and growth.
The candidate should be:
- Goal oriented
- Experienced in the IT sector
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The key responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Troubleshoot desktop/server and network problems. Diagnose and solve hardware/software incidents and problems.
- Incident and problem management via our IT helpdesk.
- Provide exceptional service and support to our customers.
- Contribute to policies, procedures, processes, and knowledgebase articles both internally and for our customers.
- Onboard new customers on our suite of managed service tools.
- Work to SLA thresholds for incident(s), request(s) and problem(s).
- Prioritise and manage several open cases and projects at any one time.
- Establishing good working relationships internally and with customers.
- Keep up to date with advancements in the technology sector.
- Regular reviews of internal and 3rd party antivirus, patches and system monitoring to reduce reactive tickets whrough proactive management.
- Supporting customers on both hardware and software applications.
- Supporting the wider technical team.
- Attend Customers site to resolve issues.
- Work with Account Managers to effectively create proposals and quotes for prospects
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
The ideal candidate would have a very high level of customer service experience and have experience (at least 2 years) working in a helpdesk environment. Training on internal systems and tools will be given where required. The following attributes listed below will be preferred to become a successful applicant:
- Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems, specifically Windows 7 – 11.
- Microsoft Windows Server operating systems, specifically 2008 – 2019 (including core)
- Microsoft Azure Active Directory
- Microsoft 365
- Google Cloud and AWS public clouds
- Virtualisation – Hyper-V and VMware
- Linux Operating systems
- Network infrastructure troubleshooting, TCP/IP and WAN/LAN knowledge. Understanding of Layer 2/Layer 3 routing and firewalls.
- Effective Communications Skills
- Client Relationships
- Presentation Skills
- Working Independently
- Flexibility to provide shift cover for holidays, evenings and weekends as required
- Willingness to travel to company sites
- Clean full UK drivers’ licence
Desirable, but not required:
- Knowledge of Cisco, Aruba, Ubiquiti
- VOIP knowledge and experience using 3CX
- cPanel and WHM experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Remote Management and Monitoring solutions
Perks and Benefits
- Great career development opportunities, with goal setting and professional development budgets to enable further learning and growth.
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Strong team culture with regular socials and activities.
- Being part of a diverse team in a fast-growing company within an exciting sector.